In 1941, Gus Girves opened the first Brown Derby across from Akron’s Goodyear Tire on East Market Street. After seeing great success, Gus opened a second Brown Derby in 1957 and many more followed. As the years of success passed, the Girves family was able to build a successful business by being innovative, staying current with business practices, and recognizing that the demands and tastes of their customers changed with time.
Gus Girves began The Brown Derby with a promise to offer the best quality steak and seafood, served courteously in a pleasant atmosphere…at the best prices in town. Three generations and years later we’re still keeping that promise.
We hand select and age all beef, cut by our Artisanal Butcher and prepare it on a wood fire. We utilize local vendors to add farm fresh ingredients to our dishes as well as hand-craft our cocktails and hand-select all items on our extensive signature wine list.